Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A series of fails... and a success...

Fail 1 – lack of blog activity
Possibly due to a high workload, excessive alcohol consumption and roadtrip planning. Those things all take time! Forgive me for living …

Fail 2 - no show at Survivor auditions
Definitely due to excessive alcohol consumption. And it was raining. Call me pathetic, but I figured that standing in the rain for hours with a pounding head and breath that would probably have the judging panel running into the rain was not going to be a good call. Looking back, perhaps I could have eliminated half the queue. Which apparently was so bad they had to run the auditions over 2 days. I know I let everyone down, but to be frank, I am not going to starve for your entertainment and I am worth a lot more than a million rand. Perhaps next year, when I can at least run round the block and don’t drink or smoke. Did I say next year?

But for every fail there is a success. After an almost fail, I did end up going to Khayelitsha for the night on Saturday. Almost fail because, again, it was raining. I might not have had the hangover this time, but rainy townships are not generally fun. So I phoned the Team Leader and got a bollocking for being honest. What I should have said was “I have a hangover, I can’t make it” and probably would have gotten away with it. Especially as Team Leader had one. To cut a long phone call short, I decided to take one for the team and give it my best shot. And I am glad I did…

You can read all about it in the next blog – people suffer from ADD when reading articles online. Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment