Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tequila - you can cook with it too!


 There are many things I could blog about right now. But I don't feel like it. And I still haven't done that man list either. However, I am beginning to wonder if there are actually any real men out there. I could be wasting my time. A friend of mine said the other day "Men - these days they are the ones with vagina's".  I think she's right. But I am not going to blog about that right now (oh but I will, soon).   So in the meantime - now that I have caught your attention by talking about men and vagina's - here's something else you can do with tequila other than drink it...

This recipe comes from my good friend  the Weekend Wizzard, who happens to also be Mom Friend's husband.  He's a brilliant cook and whilst I am a little bit miff that he never invited me around for this dish, I am going to promote it anyway because anything involving tequila should be promoted. Besides, he probably knew that I would just polish off the bottle.

Bon appetit folks! I suggest you sip on a glass of Patron whilst you cook ... and give me a call to join you. I could add to the showstopping bit.  But I can't bring the Patron as I drank that already.

Lamb Fillet flambed in Tequila with Chilli Potato and Butternut Wedges

This lamb fillet flambeed in tequila with chilli potato and butternut wedges is definitely a showstopper for your next dinner party. 

Ingredients
1 to 2 lamb fillets per person
Potatoes cut into wedges
Butternut cut into wedges
Baby button mushrooms
1 tspn chilli flakes
1 tspn wholegrain mustard
Olive oil
200ml tequila
1 poached egg per person

Method
Place butternut and potato wedges in a plastic bag, add olive oil and chilli, shake well. Bake at 180 C for 40 minutes. Roll fillets in olive oil and wholegrain mustard. Add mushrooms to a pre heated pan and fry for a minute, and then add fillets. Add tequila and flambé. Serve with wedges and poached egg.

3 comments:

  1. Did you not say that Patron was R80 a tot? And you want to BURN it off??? Ahhh TT ... a sorry day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No honey. You cook with other tequila.. You DRINK the Patron...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting, I'll give it a try soon. Not that I have any cooking skill.

    So... 2 bottles of Tequila, right?

    ReplyDelete