Friday, March 25, 2011

Thursday is the new Friday


Lately I seem to have taken the term "phuza Thursday" to a new level. No longer happy to keep revelries to the weekend only, I now seem to be challenging the "school night" system. And my liver.

St Patrick's Day - THURSDAY 17 March

If there is one day of the year when you simply have to have a Guinness, this is it. No excuses. Have a half pint if you must, but don't you dare not raise a glass of the black stuff and toast the wonderful Irish.

At Perseverence Tavern I toasted the Irish no less than 5 times. I also toasted my friends, the barman, myself, and people I didn't know.

I woke up on Friday morning after 2 hours sleep and discovered a neat line of Guinness glass tattoos trailing up my left arm as proof that I had indeed consumed that amount of said beverage. I love the Irish and Guinness loves me.

I also found a sms that I sent at 2am from the Shack saying "Sod the Irish, it's the Russians. Chocolate vodkas rock!".

Seen as the Irish are so wonderful, as is their Guinness, I blamed my raging hangover squarely on the Russians.

Because We Can Day - THURSDAY 24 March

I really should know my drinking habits well by now. But apparently I don't.

"Let's have a drink after work at the Fat Cactus" was where it all started. After a few tequila shots I likened ladelling Margarita's to being in a tequila soup kitchen. Nice! Then it was to Mom Friend where I was invited to stay for a braai, but declined. I did not decline the glass of wine. Then to Goth Friend for our usual Thursday night girly get-together. This was the dinner stop for the evening and a good one it was too. Butternut ravioli and couscous. I think. With White Russians to wash it down (that I definitely remember). Not satisfied with my pub crawl so far, I decided gatecrashing The Monster's dinner party was a really good idea. After all, one gets full of good ideas after a few drinks. I arrived at his gate at 11pm and crawled out close to 2am.

Today I have had 3 Panado's for breakfast, a toasted sandwich and creme soda for tea and McDonalds for lunch..



As for next Thursday? I have been invited to the launch of Silver Patron tequila. Fitting huh? There's clearly no stopping me now...

In fact I am doing so well I think I will ask 5FM to send me a Phuza Thursday shirt - I reckon I have earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment