Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The man list...


nominate this blog


I got thrown an interesting question by Brainy Friend on the weekend.  “What do you look for in a man?”   This question came after an equally uncomfortable “How long have you been single”.  I couldn’t come up with an answer. Not a single smidgen of ideas on what I thought I would want in a man.  I think I was still trying to work out how long I had been single for and was starting to feel sorry for myself.  So I just gulped and felt stupid.

Let’s face it, I barely manage to make a shopping list, let alone a man wanted list. Which upon reflection, is probably why I haven’t  found one yet.  OK, I have met plenty, but they either start boring me or just want to be friends or turn out to be lunatics with commitment issues.

After a bit of prodding and suggestions from Brainy Friend (who incidentally is a man, which makes it even more sad that he came up with some pointers before me) we came up with a few “must haves”.  I have since spoken to others about this and it seems that this “list” is actually very important!  You have to “put it out there” apparently. What happened to the good old days where you met a guy, thought he was fab, he constantly fantasised about what you would look like naked and you ended up getting together until either party got tired of the other one or the sex got boring?  Why does it now have to start with a list?

Finally, talking of how we have complicated things (like making “man wanted lists”)  read the latest blog from  The Monster From The Blog on how we are Facebooking and blogging ourselves to death – and making people feel uncomfortable with our dirty laundry. Will give you something to think about, while I start on my list…

1 comment: