Thursday, July 29, 2010

Men and apples


nominate this blog


I have just been whinging in the office about the lads that sit opposite me and eat apples. Men eating apples just doesn't seem right.  And these are young men, not old ones that are being forced to do so for the sake of their colons or something.  AND one of them is a rock star while the other makes movies - surely they are supposed to be delving into their drawer for the hip flask containing Jack Daniels?  So I told them that in 10 years time it will be proven that apples give you cancer and that McDonalds was the way to go all along. Whilst delving into my drawer for my hip flask. 

But the apple thing reminded me of a conversation that was had with the Lesbian Friends the other night. According to the one, men treat women like a monkey treats an apple.  He takes an apple off the tree and takes a bite out of it.  If he doesn't like it, he tosses it and gets another one.  Women, however, will take a bite and if it's not quite right we will try polish it. We take another bite and if that still doesn't taste quite right but we still kinda enjoy the apple we will carry on trying to perfect it. And therein lies the lesson.  Women need to stop trying to perfect the apple. If it ain't a good one, just toss it and get another one.

Simple eh?  I'm gonna give this a try.  And make a note on my Man List that I don't want any more monkeys.

2 comments: